ShareholderDallas Board Certified
Fred Adams has practiced Family Law in Dallas for over 30 years and has extensive experience in all types of family law matters. Listed in “Americas Best Lawyers,” Adams is also certified as a mediator and family law arbitrator. “I have a knack for finding resolution with even the most complex family matters. Developing a partnership with my clients is something I take pride in. My approach is simple; we are in this together and my goal is to help you get the best possible outcome.”
Mr. Adams is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and a Member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists. Mr. Fred Adams is Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Family Law.
- Family Law (70%)
- Alternative Dispute Resolution (20%)
- Business Litigation (10%)
Publications, Seminars and Cases:
- Federal Firearms Law Related to Family Law presented to the Family Law Section of the Dallas Bar Association, June 8, 2011.
- Speaker, Family Law Essentials, Pro Bono Committee of the Family Law Section of the State Bar, 2004 Laredo, 2010 Plainview, 2011 Waco.
- “Civil and Criminal Ramifications of a Family Violence Protective Order”, presented at the Advance Family Seminar, State Bar of Texas, San Antonio, TX, in August 2010.
- 2009 and 2010 Presenter, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialist Trial Institute Planning Committee and Presenter.
- “Child support Workshop: UIFSA, Above Guideline Child Support, Effective Use of Financial Documents, Utilization of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders & Child Support Liens; Enforcement Techniques”, presented at the Advanced Family Law Seminar, August 2009.
- “Characterization of Marital Property”, presented at State Bar Convention, June 25, 2009.
- “The Supreme Court and the Second Amendment: the Impact on Texas Gun Law”, presented via webcast in Austin, TX, August 20, 2008.
- “Enforcing the Property Division”, presented at the Advanced Family Seminar, State Bar of Texas, in Dallas, TX, August 2005.
- “Beyond Contempt – Innovative Enforcement”, presented at the Marriage Dissolution Institute, State Bar of Texas, in Galveston, TX, April 21, 2005.
- Baylor Law School
- Texas Bar (1981)
- Board Certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in Family Law
- Texas Super Lawyers (2003-16)
- America’s Best Lawyers (2016)
- Board Certified in Family Law