ShareholderDallas Board Certified
Chris Meuse is a skilled litigation and collaborative family law attorney who has extensive experience handling custody and divorce suits, involving estates of all sizes. Chris’ approach is to know each of his cases well enough to try, while working to reach agreements between the parties.
“What I enjoy most about family law is that you have to continually work on creative solutions for each family you’re helping. No two family law cases are alike, and laws have to be uniquely applied. I enjoy strongly advocating for my clients and taking the route that best meets their needs, so they can have the best possible outcome.”
Chris Meuse was born in Toledo, OH and graduated from Southlake Carroll High School in Southlake, TX. Chris graduated from the University of Oklahoma with a bachelor of arts in political science and a minor in Spanish. He has participated heavily in Habitat for Humanity and worked on two separate U.S. Congressional campaigns; one Oklahoma gubernatorial campaign; and an Oklahoma City mayoral campaign before attending law school. Chris graduated from the University of Oklahoma College of Law, where he was Top 20% in his class and received multiple dean’s list awards.
- Speaker, “Metadata, The Cloud and Identity Theft.” Presentation at the North Texas Planning Council, April 17, 2019.
- Speaker, State Bar of Texas’s Asian Pacific Interest Section’s 24th Annual Conference, April 25, 2019.
- Speaker, “What to Plead, When to Plead, and Extraordinary Relief.” Presentation at the Family Law Essentials Seminar, May 3, 2019.
- Author, “Medical Marijuana and Child Custody.” Texas Lawyer, June 10, 2019.
- University of Oklahoma, J.D. (2007-2010)
- University of Oklahoma, B.A. in Political Science and Spanish (2003-2007)
- Licensed by Supreme Court of the State of Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Collin County Bar Association
- Dallas Bar Association
- Member of Annette Stewart Inn of Court
- Collin County Young Lawyers Association – Vice President
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- Collaborative Law Professionals of North Texas
- State Bar of Texas
- Legal Services to the Poor in Civil Matters, Committee Advisory Member (2018-2019)
Dallas Bar Association committees:
- Publications Committee
- E-Mentoring Committee
- Speakers Committee
- Honoree, Texas Rising Star (2016-2019)
- Recognized, Elite Lawyer by Elite Lawyer (2018)
- Board Certified, Family Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- State Bar of Texas Star of Achievement Award for Best Series of Substantive Legal Articles
Publications and Presentations
- Adultery and Its Impact on Divorce, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, September 2011.
- Family Law for the Non-Family Specialist: How to Master Ten Conversations on Family Law, State Bar of Texas Litigation Update Institute, January 2012.
- How to Answer Ten Family Law Questions, Dallas Bar Association Headnotes, April 2013.
- Contractual Alimony Payments to Third Parties, Docket Call Volume 15 Issue 2, September/October 2013.
- Digital and Virtual Assets in Divorce
- Digging up Digital Dirt in Family Law – Texas Lawyer, April 2014
- 60 Websites in 60 Minutes – State Bar of Texas 37th Annual Marriage Dissolution Institute, April 2014
- Beam Me Up, Lawyer: Current & Trending Technology in the Family Law Practice – What Your Practice Will Need to Look Like to Survive in the Next Millennium – Family Law Technology 360, December 2014
- Using Technology in Your Law Practice – The Basics – 38th Annual Marriage Dissolution Institute, April 2015
- Trial Demos – Utilizing Tools for Smart Presentations – Advanced Family Law, August 2015
- Crucial Technologies for Your Law Office – Advanced Family Law, August 2015
- What the Future of Your Practice May Look Like, Annual Litigation Update, January 21, 2016.
- Technology Competence and Update for Paralegals and Attorneys, 34th Annual Texas Forum Agenda Towards a More Perfect Union: Attorney and Paralegal Team, March 30, 2016.
- Managing Your Communication and Documents, Practical Skills for New Lawyers, March 28, 2017.