Deron Sugg has been practicing Family Law for more than 15 years. Admitted to the bar in 2000, he is licensed to practice in both the state of Texas and Missouri. Sugg graduated magna cum laude from the University of Missouri, Columbia, and graduated from the University of Missouri School of Law in 2000.
In 2012, Sugg completed his certification for mediation at Saint Louis University Law School where he developed one of the most active mediation practices in the area, with a settlement rate of over 90 percent. He brings this expertise, the ability to anticipate pitfalls and sticking points while working towards a solution, to his clients here in the Metroplex.
Mr. Sugg has handled both court-appointed cases as well as private cases for personal clients and has experience handling cases in nearly all practice areas: civil, criminal, real estate, personal injury, juvenile, and family law.
It is the practice of family law that Sugg finds most fulfilling. He takes great pride in helping clients navigate through what is often the most trying and difficult times in their lives. “It’s important to let the client know that, although their case may have unique circumstances, many people have gone through this same process. They are not alone.”
- Author, “Affair Despair? How to Deal with Adultery in a Texas Divorce.” Texas Bar Journal 82, no. 3 (2019). 204.
- Author, “The Pre-nup Discussion” Good Life Family Magazine, September 1, 2019.
- University of Missouri School of Law, J.D. (2000)
- University of Missouri, Columbia
- State Bar of Texas (Family Law Section)
- State Bar of Missouri
- Dallas Bar Association (Family Law Section)
- Mentoring Program – Mentor
- Collin County Bar Association (Family Section)
- Missouri State Hazardous Waste Management Commission (2010 – 2014, Chairman, 2014)
- Jefferson County, Missouri Bar Association President (2013 -2014)
- Board of Directors, Legal Services of Eastern Missouri (2011 – 2014)
- Jefferson County Rescue Mission (2008 – 2014)