Family law attorney Jordan Turk is a native Houstonian whose competitive spirit and love of history inspired her to enter the legal industry, where knowledge of precedent-setting case law can give such a smart, quick-thinking lawyer the upper hand in the courtroom.
Jordan used what little extra time she had while attending law school to attain as much working knowledge of the law as she could get. First clerking for Walmart’s Treasury Department, then for the Texas Comptroller of Public Accounts; next came clerkships with both the general counsel for the University of Arkansas and for the Honorable Judge Timothy Brooks. Jordan never let time get in the way of knowledge, and she carried that persistence into her family law career. Her determination is readily apparent when it comes to advocating for her clients.
“I’m always there for my clients: standing up for them, standing up for their children…they’re never in this alone,” says Jordan. “And the best thing about working at KoonsFuller is that I’m never alone either. With me comes the knowledge and skill of more than thirty dedicated divorce attorneys. No other family law firm in the state has that amount of talent backing their associates.”
Prior to attending law school, Jordan graduated from the University of Texas, Austin, with a degree in Classics, History, and Religious Studies. She also holds a minor in Ancient Greek. Away from work, she and her two rescue pups enjoy watching and cheering on the Longhorns.
- University of Arkansas School of Law, J.D.
- Dean’s List
- Henry Warten Scholarship Recipient
- Arkansas Association of Women Lawyers Scholarship Recipient
- John J. Cravens Memorial Scholarship Recipient
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Classics, History, and Religious Studies, with honors. Minor in Ancient Greek.
Community & Professional:
- Selected Member, Houston Young Lawyers Association Leadership Academy
- Member, Burta Rhoads Raborn Inn of Court
- Honoree, Outstanding Service by an Individual, Harris County Bench Bar Pro Bono Awards (2019)
- Honoree, Top Lawyer by H Texas magazine (2018-2019)
- ReviewIt Magazine Top Lawyers (2018)