Sarah A. Darnell
Sarah A. Darnell
ShareholderDenton Board Certified
Sarah Darnell is a 2006 graduate of Oklahoma City University School of Law. Ms. Darnell has always known that she wanted to practice family law. During law school she began focusing her career in the area of family law by obtaining a limited license to practice law in the state of Oklahoma. She was also a summer law clerk for the Honorable Judge Marilea Lewis of the 330th District Court in Dallas County, Texas Ms. Darnell is licensed to practice law in the state of Texas.
Ms. Darnell has extensive litigation experience in the area of family law. In 2012 she became board certified in the area of family law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization. Prior to joining Koons Fuller in 2013, Ms. Darnell worked for O’Neil & Attorneys, PC, a boutique family law firm and a national domestic relations law firm.
In 2008, Ms. Darnell was invited to join the Annette Stewart American Inn of Court, which is an organization that is devoted to ethics and professionalism in the practice of family law. Ms. Darnell is currently an associate member of the Annette Stewart American Inn of Court.
In 2010, Ms. Darnell attended and graduated from the American Bar Association (Family Law Section) Trial Advocacy Institute where she honed her trial skills.
Prior to law school, Ms. Darnell graduated cum laude from Sam Houston State University where, in 2002, she received a Bachelor of Science in Psychology and a minor in Political Science. Ms. Darnell resides in Frisco, Texas with her husband and son.
Author, “Smart Sharing. Five ways that social media can impact your divorce” Texas Bar Journal, November, 2019.
- Sam Houston State University, B.S., cum laude (2002)
- Oklahoma City University School of Law, J.D. (2006)
- Supreme Court of Texas (2006)
- State Bar of Texas Family Law Section (2006 – Present)
- Texas Association of Family Law Specialists (TAFLS) (2013)
- Collin County Bar Association
- Dallas County Bar Associati
- Honoree, Texas Rising Star (2014-19)
- Up-and-Coming 100: 2018-19 Texas Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 50: 2018-19 Women Texas Rising Stars
- Board Certified, Family Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Recognized, Elite Lawyer by Elite Lawyer (2018)