A native to Dallas, family law attorney Taylor Joeckel practice focuses on divorce, child custody, child support enforcements and modifications, and pre- and post- marital agreements. She chose to practice family law because she has always had a passion for helping others and thrives on the personal touch of family law. Taylor’s goal is to protect the interests of her clients by focusing on their individual needs regarding both the emotional and financial issues involved in family disputes.
After clerking for KoonsFuller during law school, Taylor joined the firm in 2018 as an associate attorney in the Dallas office. Taylor graduated from the University of Alabama with BA degree in English and a minor in Communication Studies. She earned her J.D., cum laude, from Texas Tech University School of Law.
Apart from her professional career, Taylor serves her community of Dallas as a member of the Dallas Young Lawyers Association. Additionally, Taylor is a member of Young Partners of the Family Place and served on the 2018-2019 Masquerade Host Committee for the Genesis Women’s Shelter.
- Author, “The Seven Grounds for Divorce in Texas” KoonsFuller blog, August 11, 2021.
- Author, “The Basic Steps for Filing for Divorce in Texas.” KoonsFuller blog, February 23, 2021.
- Author, “Will remarriage affect my child support obligation?” KoonsFuller blog, December 21, 2020.
- Author, “How Family Law Could Affect Your Coronavirus Stimulus Check.” KoonsFuller blog, April 28, 2020.
- Author, “First comes the house then comes the marriage.” KoonsFuller blog, April 17, 2020.
- Author, “Can a Child Pick Which parent to Live with in Texas?“. November 18th, 2019.
- Author, “The Impact of Divorce on Your Client’s Personal Injury Settlement.” February 2019.
- Author, “Rule 41F: Targeting a Gun Trust Loophole.” Estate Planning & Community Property Law Journal, 9, no. 2 (2017). 327-346; also featured in the American Bar Association’s Probate & Property magazine, Spring 2017.
- Texas Tech University School of Law, J.D., Graduated cum laude
- The University of Alabama, B.A. in English, Minor in Communication Studies
Community & Professional:
- Dallas Bar Association, Member
- National Society of Collegiate Scholars, Member
- Texas Young Lawyers Association, Board of Directors
- The Family Place, Young Partners Member
- Genesis Women’s Shelter & Support, Masquerade Underwriting Committee Member (2018-2019)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers Foundation, Member
- Honoree, Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters (2022)
- The Best Lawyers in America© “Ones to Watch” in family law as recognized by Best Lawyers, LLC (2022)
- Texas Tech University School of Law Law Review Journal Awards:
- Outstanding Second Year Editor Award Recipient
- Scott McEntire Third Year Service and Leadership Award
- Gerry W. and Margaret Beyer Award for Outstanding Achievement