Family law is not only what we do. It’s all we do.
KoonsFuller clients are served by a team of family law all-stars. With our five full-service offices across Texas and a disproportionately large number of attorneys who are board-certified in family law, we offer a level of clout and a range of resources unmatched by any other family law firm in the Southwest. Our attorneys routinely consult with each other and draw upon individual experiences to help deliver results for clients. And working together, as a fully integrated team, there’s no case too large or too complex for KoonsFuller family law and divorce attorneys to manage.
KoonsFuller Family Law and its attorneys continue to be highly-rated and recognized among leaders in the legal industry, including:
- 10 Best Attorney for Client Satisfaction by the American Institute of Family Law Attorneys
- 40 Under 40 by D Magazine
- Readers’ Choice Best Law Firm Finalist by ADDISON Magazine
- Best Divorce Attorney in Denton County by Best of Denton County
- Best Divorce Law Firm in Denton County by Best of Denton County
- Best Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine
- Best Lawyers in Plano by Plano Magazine
- Best Women Lawyers in Dallas by D Magazine
- Dan Price Award by the State Bar of Texas Family Law Section
- Elite Lawyer by Elite Lawyer
- Houston Top Lawyers by H-Texas Magazine
- Lawyer of the Year by Collin County Young Lawyers Association
- Memorial Readers’ Choice Best Law Firm by Living Magazine
- Outstanding Service by an Individual Pro Bono Award by Harris County Bench Bar
- Sam Emison Award by Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Texas Bar Association CLE Standing Ovation Award Recipient by Texas Bar Association
- Texas Rising Stars by Thomson Reuters
- Texas Super Lawyers by Thomson Reuters
- Dallas/Fort Worth Top 100
- Top 10
- Texas Top 100
- Texas Top Female 50
- Up and Coming Top Female 50
- Texas Trailblazer by Texas Lawyer
- The Best Lawyers in America© in family law by Best Lawyers and Co., LLC
- Top 40 Under 40 by The National Advocates
- Top Attorneys in Fort Worth by Fort Worth Magazine
- Top Lawyers in Houston by Houstonia
- Tops Lawyers in Tarrant by Society Life
Our mission is to provide high-quality legal services and superior results for clients who demand the best family law representation possible. And everything we do is founded on unassailable integrity and an unwavering commitment to ethical business practices.
We’re guided by these key values:
We honor the differences in people while respecting our common commitment to doing the best work we can for each and every one of our clients. We promote individuality while encouraging a team approach that consistently produces results.
We settle for nothing but the best in the professionals we ask to join our firm. Every KoonsFuller attorney has proven him- or herself to be a standout in the field of family law. And every KoonsFuller team member brings a track record of success and a commitment to provide exceptional service to our clients. Clients come to KoonsFuller expecting the best, and we deliver.
Simply put, clients are our focus. We put their interests, objectives and wellbeing first in every aspect of what we do.
We encourage long-term commitment to our firm by all partners, associates and employees. We value and reward quality work, loyalty, and contributions to KoonsFuller’s continued success.
Bill Koons established the firm in 1978 as one of the first law practices in Texas to handle divorce and child custody actions exclusively. Ken Fuller, a member of the first class of Texas board-certified family law attorneys, joined the firm shortly thereafter.
Ike Vanden Eykel, the firm’s CEO and Dallas managing shareholder, and Rick Robertson, the firm’s President and Plano managing shareholder, joined the firm in the 1990s, adding further clout to the well-established KoonsFuller brand.
In 2007, Tarrant County standout attorney, Heather King, joined the firm adding a third office in Southlake to provide family law and divorce legal services to Tarrant and surrounding counties. A Denton County office was opened when Charla Bradshaw’s Denton family law and divorce firm merged with KoonsFuller in 2008. And in early 2013, KoonsFuller opened its fifth location in Houston which provides divorce and family law legal services to Harris and surrounding counties and is managed by Houston family law attorney Sherri Evans.
Texas Board of Legal Specialization board certification is a mark of excellence and a distinguishing accomplishment. Within the Texas legal community, board certification means an attorney has substantial, relevant experience and has demonstrated exceptional competence in a specific field of law.
Of the nearly 97,000 lawyers in Texas, fewer than 900 are board-certified in family law. Twenty-one of those board-certified attorneys work at KoonsFuller. That’s far more than any other family law firm in Texas – a tremendous asset for our clients.