Brian S. Loughmiller
Brian S. Loughmiller
ShareholderPlano Board Certified
Brian S. Loughmiller is board-certified by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization in both family law and civil trial law and for more than 32 years, has litigated cases throughout North Texas and served as a mediator for both Dallas County and Collin County courts.
In 2001, the National Law Journal recognized him for having one of the top 100 verdicts in the United States that year. In 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, and 2018, Mr. Loughmiller was recognized as a “Super Lawyer” by Thomson Reuters — a designation that distinguishes him as being among the top five percent of family law attorneys practicing in Texas
Mr. Loughmiller has served as the President of the Collin County Bar Association in Collin County, Texas. As a member of the Collin County Bar Association, Mr. Loughmiller organized a committee of attorneys to form the first Family Law Section in Collin County, ultimately acting as chairman for the first two years of the Family Law Section’s existence. Mr. Loughmiller has the distinction of being a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, a nationally recognized group of certified family law attorneys.
Mr. Loughmiller served on the McKinney City Council from 2002 to 2008 and Mayor of McKinney, Texas from 2009 to 2017.
- Featured, “TPC Craig Ranch’s new golf tournament expected to bring estimated $40M to McKinney.” Community Impact Newspaper, April 29, 2020.
- Author, “The New Normal” KoonsFuller Blog, April 21, 2020.
- Author, “How To Receive Unpaid Child Support” KoonsFuller Blog, February 4, 2020.
- Case Western Reserve University Law School (JD, 1985)
- Illinois State University (BS, 1982)
- State Bar of Texas – Family Law Section
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Fellow
- American Bar Association – Member
- Citizenship McKinney – Initial Board of Directors
- Collin County Bar Association – Member
- Collin County Bench Bar Foundation – Member
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section – Member
- Dallas Bar Association – Civil Litigation Section – Member
- Leukemia and Lymphoma Society Team in Training – Member
- McKinney City Council – Member
- State Bar of Texas – Member
- Stonebridge United Methodist Church – Member
- Sunrise Rotary Club, McKinney, Texas – Member
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists – Member
- Texas Trial Lawyers Association – Member
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review RatingsTM
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Family Law (1993, 1998 and 2003)
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization, Civil Trial (1996 and 2001)
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters (2005-2018)
- Top 1%, National Association of Distinguished Counsel (2015)
- National Law Journal, Top 100 Verdicts (2001)
- Collin County Bar Association, Service Award
- Collin County Bench/Bar Association, Service Award
- Special Interests of Children Committee, Service Award, AAML