Managing ShareholderDenton Board Certified
Charla Bradshaw is an accomplished board certified family law attorney and Denton Managing Shareholder. Awarded 2016’s Best Divorce Lawyer by Murray Media’s “Best of Denton County,” Bradshaw has also been listed among the “Best Lawyers in America” since 2011. She was one of the Top 50 Women Lawyers in Texas (2005, 2014 and 2015) and rated one of the Best Women Lawyers in North Texas by D Magazine in 2010.
Charla Bradshaw has made the list of Texas Super Lawyers published now by Thomson Reuters each year it has been chosen (2003 to present) and is AV Peer Review (Top) Rated by Martindale-Hubbell. She is past chair of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists and is a past chair of the State Bar of Texas District 14 Grievance Committee. In 2016, Ms. Bradshaw was elected to membership in the highly selective Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation due to her outstanding professional achievements and continued commitment to the improvement of Texas’s justice system.
Charla Bradshaw in the News
Charla Bradshaw ‘s knowledge of family law and the drama of the cases she has handled make her an outstanding commentator for television and radio stations on divorce-related matters. On NBC5 TV in Fort Worth, she discussed her role in foiling an international kidnapping case (see below). She explained the process of “nesting,” the practice of having the children live in the marital residence while the divorcing parents take turns in residence, on Dallas radio station KLIF.
Charla Bradshaw is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. Ms. Bradshaw is a member of the Texas Family Law Council legislative committee, the Texas Family Law Foundation, the State Bar of Texas Family Law Section, the Denton Bar Association and the Collaborative Law Institute of Texas.
Ms. Bradshaw has earned her reputation as an outstanding litigator. She is also a well-known speaker and author in the area of family law.
While she employs an aggressive approach to litigating family law cases, Charla Bradshaw is also a certified mediator and handles collaborative law cases.
Charla Bradshaw spent most of her young life in Denton and now owns a ranch in Denton. She earned her bachelor of science degree, Summa Cum Laude, from Texas Woman’s University and her Juris Doctor from the Dedman School of Law at Southern Methodist University in 1993. Ms. Bradshaw was also a candidate for a master’s degree in marriage and family therapy at TWU. She finished all the requirements but the thesis before leaving the program to attend law school.
“Our clients can benefit by having a KoonsFuller office nearby,” she says. “I am blessed with an amazing family law practice and want to give my clients the benefit of a large supportive staff here in Denton, as well as other locations for their family law needs.”
- Author, “Who Gets The Family Pet In A Divorce?” Good Life Family Magazine, July 1, 2019.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D. (1993)
- Texas Woman’s University, B.S., Summa Cum Laude
- Denton County Bar Association
- Collaborative Law Institute of Texas
- State Bar of Texas – Family Law Section (1993)
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- City of Denton Board of Ethics
- Texas Supreme Court (1993)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1993)
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Fellow
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Fellow
- Texas Family Law Council Legislative Committee – Member
- Honoree, Texas Super Lawyers (2003-18)
- Top 50 Women Texas (2005, 2014, 2016-18)
- Texas Top 100 (2014)
- Top 100 Dallas/Fort Worth (2005, 2014, 2016-17)
- The Best Lawyers in America®in family law and family law mediation as recognized by Best Lawyers, LLC (2011-20)
- Recognized, Elite Lawyer by Elite Lawyer (2018)
- Best of Denton County – Best Divorce Attorney (2016)
- D Magazine’s “Best Women Lawyers in Dallas” (2010)
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review RatingsTM
- Best CLE Article, State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, 2007
- Board Certified, Family Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization