Managing ShareholderDenton Board Certified
Charla Bradshaw is a highly accomplished and compassionate family law attorney who knows what it takes to guide clients to effective outcomes in the most challenging family law cases, including divorce and child custody cases. While a Denton family law attorney, Charla represents clients all over Texas both in and out of the courtroom. She helps clients with diverse needs, ranging from bitterly-contested property and division issues, to spouses, parents and grandparents who need an experienced negotiator and/or litigator.
A Denton native and Managing Shareholder of the 2019 Best Divorce Law Firm in Denton (Best of Denton County), Charla is devoted to serving her community and putting clients’ needs and comfort level above all else during a difficult chapter in their lives. With her extensive education in marriage and family therapy, Charla brings a counselor’s perspective and empathy to her practice that clients likely won’t find at other Denton family law firms. This background helps Charla understand the unique dynamics of her clients’ family relationships and identify alternatives to litigation that other attorneys may overlook.
With 26 years of experience handling complex divorce and custody cases, Charla is a go-to and natural commentator for local and national media when unique family law issues capture the headlines. She appeared on NBC5-TV in Fort Worth to discuss her significant role in foiling an international kidnapping case and was also a guest on Dallas radio station KLIF to explain the pros and cons of “nesting” – the practice of parents taking turns living with the children in the marital residence during the divorce process.
Dedicated to giving back to the legal community, Charla has served on the Texas Family Law Council Legislative Committee since 2009, playing an important role in shaping Texas family law legislation. She also previously served as chair of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists and the State Bar of Texas District 14 Grievance Committee. In 2016, Charla was elected by peers as a member of the highly selective Fellows of the Texas Bar Foundation based on her outstanding professional achievements and steadfast commitment to improving the Texas justice system. In addition, Charla is a Fellow in the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers and the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers. She is also a certified mediator and a member of the Collaborative Law Institute of Texas.
Charla is counted among the top family law attorneys in peer review publications year after year, including The Best Lawyers in America© in family law and family law mediation (Best Lawyers, LLC) since 2011 and Texas Super Lawyers (Thomson Reuters) since 2003. She has also been honored as one of the Top 100 Super Lawyers in Dallas-Fort Worth (Thomson Reuters) and the Top 50 Female Attorneys in Texas (Thomson Reuters) on several occasions. She is also named the Best Divorce Attorney in 2019 by the Best of Denton County. Charla is Martindale-Hubbell AV® Peer Review Rated – the highest level rating – and is Board Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
Charla is in high demand as a speaker and author as well. She is a regular presenter at State Bar continuing legal education programs and previously served as director of the Advanced Family Law Course, one of the largest CLE courses in Texas. In addition to writing numerous articles in legal publications, Charla co-authored the latest edition of Protecting Your Assets from A Texas Divorce with KoonsFuller CEO Ike Vanden Eykel and fellow Managing Shareholders Rick Robertson and Heather King.
If you would like to discuss your case with Charla or one of our other experienced Denton divorce attorneys, please call 940.442.6677 for a phone consultation.
- Author, “National Ex-Spouse Day.” KoonsFuller Blog, April 16, 2021.
- Author, “COVID-19 Custody Cases in Texas: What is in the “Best Interest” of a Child” KoonsFuller Blog, KoonsFuller Blog, January 19, 2021.
- Featured, “What is it Like Going Through a Divorce During COVID-19.” Reform Austin, July 2, 2020.
- Co-author, “Divorced or Single? Doing the Cupid Shuffle When Your Dance Card is Empty: Suggestions from A Family Law Attorney and A Therapist” KoonsFuller Blog, February 7, 2020.
- Author, “Who Gets The Family Pet In A Divorce?” Good Life Family Magazine, July 1, 2019.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D. (1993)
- Texas Woman’s University, B.S., Summa Cum Laude
- Denton County Bar Association
- Collaborative Law Institute of Texas
- State Bar of Texas – Family Law Section (1993)
- Texas Family Law Foundation
- City of Denton Board of Ethics
- Texas Supreme Court (1993)
- U.S. Supreme Court (1993)
- American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Fellow
- International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers – Fellow
- Texas Family Law Council Legislative Committee – Member
- Living Magazine N. Irving/Coppell Best of Best Attorney – 2020
- Best of Denton County – Best Divorce Attorney (2016 and 2019)
- Best Divorce Attorney – Top 3 (2020)
- Honoree, Texas Super Lawyers (2003-20)
- Top 50 Women Texas (2005, 2014, 2016-20)
- Top 100 Texas (2014 and 2020)
- Top 100 Dallas/Fort Worth (2005, 2014, 2016-17 and 2020)
- Legal Leaders: Top Rated Lawyers in Texas (2019-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America© in family law, family law arbitration and family law mediation as recognized by Best Lawyers, LLC (2011-21)
- Recognized, Elite Lawyer by Elite Lawyer (2018)
- D Magazine’s “Best Women Lawyers in Dallas” (2010)
- AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review RatingsTM
- Best CLE Article, State Bar of Texas, Family Law Section, 2007
- Board Certified, Family Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization