ShareholderDallas Board Certified
Fred Adams has practiced family law in Dallas for over 30 years and has extensive experience in all types of family law matters. Listed among The Best Lawyers in America© in family law as recognized by Best Lawyers, LLC, Adams is also certified as a mediator and family law arbitrator. “I have a knack for finding resolution with even the most complex family matters. Developing a partnership with my clients is something I take pride in. My approach is simple; we are in this together and my goal is to help you get the best possible outcome.”
Mr. Adams is a Fellow of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, the International Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers, and a Member of the Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists. Mr. Fred Adams is Board-Certified in Family Law by the Texas Board of Legal Specialization.
- Speaker, “Federal Firearms Law Related to Family Law.” Presentation at Dallas Bar Association Family Law Section Meeting, Dallas, TX, June 8, 2011.
- Speaker, “Family Law Essentials.” Presentation at the State Bar of Texas Family Law Section Pro Bono Committee Meetings, Laredo, TX, 2004; Plainview, TX, 2010; and Waco, TX, 2011.
- Speaker, “Civil and Criminal Ramifications of a Family Violence Protective Order.” Presentation at the State Bar of Texas Advanced Family Seminar, San Antonio, TX, August 2010.
- Speaker, Texas Academy of Family Law Specialist Trial Institute.
- Speaker, “Child support Workshop: UIFSA, Above Guideline Child Support, Effective Use of Financial Documents, Utilization of Qualified Domestic Relations Orders & Child Support Liens; Enforcement Techniques.” Presentation at the State Bar of Texas Advanced Family Law Seminar, August 2009.
- Speaker, “Characterization of Marital Property.” Presentation at the State Bar of Texas Annual Meeting, June 25, 2009.
- Speaker, “The Supreme Court and the Second Amendment: the Impact on Texas Gun Law.” Presentation via webcast in Austin, TX, August 20, 2008.
- Speaker, “Enforcing the Property Division.” Presentation at the State Bar of Texas Advanced Family Seminar, Dallas, TX, August 2005.
- Speaker, “Beyond Contempt – Innovative Enforcement.” Presentation at the State Bar of Texas Marriage Dissolution Institute, Galveston, TX, April 21, 2005.
- Author, “Guns N Orders: Firearms and Family Law.” KoonsFuller Blog, June 12, 2020.
- Author, “Three Key Considerations for Texas Gun Owners in Divorce.” TexasDivorceBlog.com, March 25, 2019.
- Honoree, Texas Super Lawyers (2003-21)
- Top 100 DFW (2019)
- Recognized, Elite Lawyer by Elite Lawyer (2018)
- Legal Leaders: Top Rated Lawyers in Texas (2019-2020)
- The Best Lawyers in America© in family law as recognized by Best Lawyers, LLC (2016-22)
- Board-Certified, Family Law – Texas Board of Legal Specialization