Jessica Janicek is a divorce attorney in Texas with a flourishing appellate practice. She has been named a “Top Attorney” by Fort Worth Magazine and 360 West Magazine and is a Texas Rising Stars honoree by Thomson Reuters. Jessica Janicek is an accomplished family law attorney, experienced in both litigation and appellate law.
In just a few short years, Jessica has been a part of three Texas Supreme Court victories as part of her appellate practice.
For her leadership skills, appellate advocacy, and talent in the courtroom, Jessica was honored as a "2013 Legal Leader on the Rise” by Texas Lawyer, an award given to only 25 attorneys in Texas. She is the youngest attorney to ever receive the award. In addition, Jessica was named in 2012 by her peers as a “Top Attorney” in Fort Worth Magazine.
Jessica has a Bachelor’s of Business Administration from Baylor University, and graduated cum laude with her Juris Doctor from Texas Wesleyan School of Law.
Her business knowledge gives her a competitive edge in the courtroom and in her appellate practice, frequently litigating highly complex property disputes. “My number one priority in each case is to establish a plan from the get go, and to build a set of steps and goals to assist my client in achieving the desired end result. And at this firm, we have all of the resources available to litigate a matter from child support to the characterization of a complex business entity. We have some of the most knowledgeable family law attorneys in Texas, that can save our clients time and money, even for the most complex cases.”
Although an avid litigator for her clients in the courtroom, Jessica has an accomplished appellate practice. She has argued cases in front of several different courts of appeal. Recently, she argued, and won, a case before the Texas Supreme Court. The case, In re the Office of the Attorney General, involves the statutory interpretation regarding child support.
In addition to her litigation experience and her appellate practice, Jessica is a frequent author on family law matters. She often writes on electronic evidence and discovery issues, topics frequently occurring in almost every family law case. She has also completed training at the Family Law Trial Institute in Houston, Texas.
Before coming to KoonsFuller, she taught with several high school marching band programs in Central and North Texas, teaching color guard and competitive winter guard to high school students, ran her own PR and Marketing firm and trained and rehabilitated abused and neglected horses.
She is a member of the Texas Bar Association, the Family Law and Appellate Practice sections of the Texas Bar, the Tarrant County Bar Association, serving on the Board of Directors for the Women Attorney’s section, a Board Member for the Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association, the Eldon B. Mahon Inns of Court, the Houston Bar Association and the Family Law Section of the Houston Bar. Janicek is a member of the Kappa Delta Alumni Society, the Baylor Alumni Association, the Baylor University Golden Wave Band Association and the Texas Wesleyan Alumni Association.
Education & Admissions
- Texas A&M University School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Baylor University, B.A.
- Licensed in Texas
- Board Certified, Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Honors & Awards
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Family Law, Family Law Arbitration, 2015-2023
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2022
- Top 50 Women Texas, Thomson Reuters, 2022
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2014-2022
- Up-and-Coming 50: Women Texas Rising Stars, 2018-2022
- Up-and-Coming 100: Texas Rising Stars, 2018-2022
- Elite Lawyer, 2018
- Top Lawyer, Southlake Style Magazine, 2021
- Top Attorneys, 360 West Magazine, 2019-2022
- Top Attorney: Family Law, Fort Worth Magazine, “Top Attorney,”, 2012-Present
- Legal Leader on the Rise, Texas Lawyer, 2013
Professional & Community Involvement
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Women Attorney’s Section, Board of Directors
- Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association, Board Member
- Eldon B. Mahon Inns of Court
- Houston Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the Houston Bar
- Kappa Delta Alumni Society
- Baylor Alumni Association
- Baylor University Golden Wave Band Association