"As family lawyers, we get the opportunity to become knowledgeable in almost every type of law, allowing us to become even more valuable advocates for our clients."
ShareholderSouthlake Board Certified
Jessica Janicek is a divorce attorney in Texas with a flourishing appellate practice. Recently named by the readers of Living Magazine as the “Best Attorney in Northeast Tarrant County” for 2013, Jessica Janicek is an accomplished family law attorney, experienced in both litigation and appellate law.
Texas Supreme Court Victories
In just a few short years, Jessica Janicek has been a part of three Texas Supreme Court victories as part of her appellate practice.
For her leadership skills, appellate advocacy, and talent in the courtroom, Jessica Janicek was recently honored as a ” 2013 Legal Leader on the Rise” by Texas Lawyer, an award given to only 25 attorneys in Texas. She is the youngest attorney to ever receive the award. In addition, Jessica Janicek was named in 2012 by her peers as a “Top Attorney” in Fort Worth Magazine.
Jessica Janicek has a Bachelor’s of Business Administration from Baylor University, and graduated Cum Laude with her Juris Doctorate from Texas Wesleyan School of Law
A Booming Appellate Practice
Her business knowledge gives her a competitive edge in the courtroom and in her appellate practice, frequently litigating highly complex property disputes. “My number one priority in each case is to establish a plan from the get go, and to build a set of steps and goals to assist my client in achieving the desired end result. And at this firm, we have all of the resources available to litigate a matter from child support to the characterization of a complex business entity. We have some of the most knowledgeable family law attorneys in Texas, that can save our clients time and money, even for the most complex cases.”
Although an avid litigator for her clients in the courtroom, Jessica Janicek has an accomplished appellate practice. She has argued cases in front of several different courts of appeal. Recently, Ms. Janicek argued, and won, a case before the Texas Supreme Court. The case, In re the Office of the Attorney General, involves the statutory interpretation regarding child support.
Family Law Attorney in Texas
In addition to Ms. Janicek’s litigation experience and her appellate practice, Ms. Janicek is a frequent author on family law matters. She often writes on electronic evidence and discovery issues, topics frequently occurring in almost every family law case. Jessica Janicek has also completed training at the Family Law Trial Institute in Houston, Texas.
Before coming to KoonsFuller, she taught with several high school marching band programs in Central and North Texas, teaching colorguard and competitive winterguard to high school students, ran her own PR and Marketing firm, and trained and rehabilitated abused and neglected horses.
She is a member of the Texas Bar Association, the Family Law and Appellate Practice sections of the Texas Bar, the Tarrant County Bar Association, serving on the Board of Directors for the Women Attorney’s section, a Board Member for the Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association, the Eldon B. Mahon Inns of Court, the Houston Bar Association, and the Family Law Section of the Houston Bar. Ms. Janicek is a member of the Kappa Delta Alumni Society, the Baylor Alumni Association, the Baylor University Golden Wave Band Association, and the Texas Wesleyan Alumni Association.
Jessica Janicek lives in Fort Worth with her husband, two children, and 5 rescue dogs.
- Texas Wesleyan School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Baylor University, B.A.
- Texas Bar Association
- Family Law and Appellate Practice sections of the Texas Bar
- Tarrant County Bar Association
- Board of Directors for the Women Attorney’s Section
- Tarrant County Family Law Bar Association – Board Member
- Eldon B. Mahon Inns of Court
- Houston Bar Association
- Family Law Section of the Houston Bar
- Kappa Delta Alumni Society
- Baylor Alumni Association
- Baylor University Golden Wave Band Association
- Texas Wesleyan Alumni Association
- Honoree, Texas Rising Star by Thomson Reuters (2014-2020)
- Up-and-Coming 50: 2018-19 Women Texas Rising Stars
- Up-and-Coming 100: 2018-19 Texas Rising Stars
- The Best Lawyers in America© in family law as recognized by Best Lawyers, LLC (2015 to 2020)
- Recognized, Elite Lawyer by Elite Lawyer (2018)
- Honoree, Fort Worth Magazine’s “Top Attorney,” Family Law (2012 to present)
- Honoree, 360 West Magazine “Top Attorneys” (2019)
- Honoree, Legal Leader on the Rise by Texas Lawyer (2013)
- Board Certified, Family Law by Texas Board of Legal Specialization