Laura S. Hayes
Laura S. Hayes
ShareholderDallas Board Certified
Laura S. Hayes is an aggressive yet compassionate Board Certified family law attorney, she is also named among the The Best Lawyers In America by Best Lawyers, LLC. Licensed to practice in four states (Texas, Arizona, Georgia and Florida), she regularly crafts unique custody and parenting time arrangements across state lines. As a single mom and former military wife, Laura understands that the cookie-cutter possession schedules in various state’s family codes do not always fit each family’s unique situation. Laura carefully works with clients to understand the family dynamics to create a child-centered outcome.
Laura represents a diverse array of clients. She provides legal representation at every level, frequently representing high net worth individuals, professional athletes, franchise owners, corporate executives, professionals and business owners. She handles all areas of complex and sophisticated family law matters, from the negotiation of prenuptial agreements to separation and divorce proceedings, mediations and arbitrations, trials and post-judgment matters as well as appeals.
While regularly litigating complex property division cases and custody disputes, Laura also actively accepts collaborative law cases with the understanding that in many cases, staying out of the courtroom may be the best way to resolve a divorce with dignity, respect and privacy.
Recently Laura obtained her L.L.M. in Fashion Law to pursue a life-long dream of launching her own fashion brand. She regularly provides pro bono legal advice for fashion brands (clothing, footwear, jewelry and cosmetics) from start-ups to large corporations.
Active in civic and community affairs, Laura currently serves as the Secretary for the Board of Directors at Spark! Dallas and participates in a family foundation supporting causes beloved by her late mother.
- Author, “Best Lawyers Discussion Panel: The COVID-19 Series, “How Will COVID-19 Impact Family Law Cases?” Best Lawyers, November 2020.
- Author, “Silver Linings: An Uptick In Premarital Agreements,” KoonsFuller Blog, November 11, 2020.
- Author, “Crossing State Lines: How a Move Could Affect Your Future Divorce and Custody Proceedings,” KoonsFuller Blog, June 17,2020.
- Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law, J.D. (2003)
- Vanderbilt University, B.S. in Political Science and European Studies (2000)
- Admitted to the Texas Bar (2003); Northern District of Texas (2004); Arizona Bar (2004); Georgia Bar (2009); Middle District of Georgia (2009); Florida Bar (2012)
- ABA Family Law Health & Wellness Committee – Member
- Tarrant County Bar Association Women’s Bar Section – Past Board Member