Lauren Harris was born and raised in Flower Mound, Texas. In her ten years of practice, Lauren has built a thriving family law practice, serving clients in divorce, child custody, modifications, protective orders, martial agreements and adoptions, both foreign and domestic. Advocating for the well-being of families and children has been Lauren Harris’ passion since earning her social work undergraduate degree at the University of North Texas, where she also volunteered as a Court Appointed Special Advocate for abused and neglected children.
Lauren is an accomplished advocate in the courtroom—zealously working to achieve the best possible results for her clients. Outside of the courtroom, Lauren is an experienced counselor—advising her clients through highly complex and emotional issues and working to guide them towards lasting and effective resolutions. Lauren earns her clients’ trust by offering unique and honest insights, and never shies away from tactfully explaining the realities and hard truths of a given situation.
Lauren is one of few attorneys in DFW specializing in both family law litigation and adoptions. Her wide array of experience has prepared her to handle any client’s needs.
Since joining KoonsFuller’s Plano office, Lauren has primarily practiced in Collin County. She does, however, handle cases in all surrounding counties and across the State of Texas. In her personal time, Lauren enjoys spending time with her husband, Taylor, and her son, Hawkins.
Education & Admissions
- Texas A&M University School of Law, J.D., 2013
- University of North Texas, B.S., cum laude, 2009
- Licensed in Texas
Honors & Awards
- Best Lawyers Under 40, D Magazine, 2019-2024
- Texas Rising Stars, Thomson Reuters, 2019-2023
Publications & Presentations
- Author and co-Presenter, “Adopting” Best Practices to Avoid Grievances and Jail Time, Handling Your First (or Next) Termination and Adoption,” State Bar of Texas, 2020
Professional & Community Involvement
- Dallas Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Collin County Bar Association, Family Law Section
- Collin County Bench Bar, Board Member
- Collaborative Divorce Texas Membership Committee