As a formidable, highly accomplished trial attorney who has handled hundreds of non-jury trials and more than 20 jury trials in his career, Sean embraces the saying made famous by President Theodore Roosevelt: “Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far.”
Sean is a board-certified family law specialist with more than 25 years of experience in all types of family law cases, including divorce cases involving complex property issues, highly contentious child custody matters, child support cases and adoptions.
His goal in every case is to achieve the best possible results for his client, while doing so with compassion, respect, and integrity. Sean also recognizes that each client’s case is unique and requires a legal strategy that is tailor-made to fit the client’s needs and circumstances.
In each case, Sean strives to make sure that his client is well informed of all their options. He believes that most of his clients are best served by resolving their cases out of court and avoiding litigation, and he will assist his client in exploring settlement options whenever possible, whether through informal settlement negotiations, mediation or the collaborative family law process. However, when it is not possible to achieve a reasonable, acceptable settlement for his client, Sean’s client can rest assured that they will be zealously represented in court by an experienced, aggressive attorney who has the client’s best interests at heart.
Education & Admissions
- The University of Texas School of Law, J.D., 1997
- The University of Texas at Austin, B.A. in Government, Minor in Business, 1993
- Licensed in Texas
- Board Certified, Family Law, Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Trained in Mediation
- Trained in Collaborative Law
Honors & Awards
- Texas Super Lawyers, Thomson Reuters, 2014-2022
- The Best Lawyers in America®, Family Law, Family Law Arbitration, 2017-2023
Professional & Community Involvement
- State Bar of Texas, Member, Family Law Section
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Texas Academy of Family Law Specialists
- Denton County Bar Association, Member, Family Law Section
- Collaborative Divorce Denton County, President, 2021-2023
- New Ways for Families: Advanced Training, Planning Committee, 2019
- Denton Public School Foundation, Board of Directors, 2019-Present